Monday, August 16, 2010

Bubbles make me happy

I was frantically working on my laptop. I had taken up a new content writing project and the file types were unfamiliar to me. It was already 5.30 p.m. and I was running short of time. I suddenly felt a tug at my forearm. My daughter was standing there. She smiled at me and expressed her wish to play with bubbles. I tried to explain to her how I was pressed against time. She kept on insisting. So I had to sternly speak to her. Tears welled up in her eyes. I felt bad and took her on my lap. “This is not done”, I told myself and reached out for the bottle of soap water on the table. As I blew the first bubble her face brightened up. She smiled lovingly and her innocent eyes lit up. As she chased the bubbles around in the room I looked on. Her fleeting feet, clapping of her hands and giggles filled the room. She tried her best to catch the bubbles. But those attempts mostly were futile. With each futile attempt her smiles broke in squeals of laughter. Her laughter lifted my spirits also. I joined her in chasing the bubbles.
Next few minutes were spent in blowing bubbles and bursting them.
She became tired soon and rested on my lap. Her face was so contented that I could not help but feel happy. She gently hugged me and asked me continue with my work. As she left me alone in the room I felt like a bubble. Light, soft and reflecting the colors of life. I pondered over those few minutes which brought so much pleasure in our lives. I proceeded to finish my work quickly.
And now whenever I feel pressure mounting up, I take out two minutes to blow some bubbles. They make me feel light, happy and carefree. Those few minutes have taught me an invaluable lesson on life. To be happy you need nothing much but a heart to create and feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment